Post loss of parent and dealing with sibling anger

• 5 replies
  • 20 subscribers

Our children are coming to terms with the loss of their father recently with lung cancer.

can anyone recommend how to support them with their anger issues towards one another please.

• Hi 

I am so sorry to read this . I think I will ask admin to post this in a group that could help your children .

Also our helpline staff have lots of information and could point you in the right direction .0808 808 0000

Thinking of you ,

Court 

Community Champion Badge

Helpline Number 0808 808 0000

• Thank you - I was going to call but lines 8-8 do will call tomorrow. It’s still very raw and they’ve been amazing but in the last 24 hours their grief has become more upset and towards one other. 

• You are so wise seeking help for them . It is very important.

I have asked admin to have a look at the best way to get your children the support they need . My friend died during lockdown and there was counselling available through our local hospice for her children . Hopefully the team will know the right resources depending on their age .

Its a lot for you all to process . Hope your getting some support too .

Take care ,

Court 

Community Champion Badge

Helpline Number 0808 808 0000

• Thank you, I’ve called the support line and they have been really helpful.

• Hi, I'm in the same situation my son is 9 and his dad has just died from stomach cancer a week ago but he's not really dealing with it and is very hyper at the moment. May I ask how old your husband was?

Sending my love