5 year mark

• 5 replies
  • 15 subscribers

Doesn't seem possible that 5 years ago today I shared my news on here that my wonderful Mum passed away. I'm not sure why I'm posting I just needed to put something somewhere. 

For those newly bereaved...grief is unique and we all take a different path - I was "lucky" my Mum was quite spiritual and believed our time on earth ended when it was supposed to, which helped me. I've had a wonderful last year, filling life with self improvement, day trips and things I love to do. Today I'm off to Kew Gardens in memory of my Mum (she loved a good garden!) And going to raise a toast to her later. 

Talk about them often. Relish in the wonderful memories and find the gratitude in everyday even when it seems impossible. These things have personally helped me so much x

• Hi Tigger462. I just read your lovely post. The time just goes by so quickly and I really understand why you felt compelled to write down some memories of your mum who sounded an amazing lady.

i lost my mum to cancer 22 years ago but I am now in a place of just remembering all the good times and laughter we had. Unfortunately my daughters never knew the real her as she had dementia as well by the time they were born

Have a lovely time at Kew Gardens and I will raise a cup of tea later to your mum (I dont drink lol). Take care xx

• Time is such a strange thing. It feels like forever ago yet I can still recall things like yesterday. I had many reflective moments in Kew, whilst she never made it we did scatter some of her ashes there as she really loved gardening and gardens. I got a plant from their garden centre to put in her memory planter in my garden too. I also got a "hanging bat" for her acer tree which I love. I had a wonderful day.

She drank TONNES of tea so raising a cuppa to her is very apt - thank you. Xx

Love and Hugs x

• Sounds like a great day and a wonderful tribute to your lovely mum. Hugs are winging their way to you xx

• Hi Tigger 

It's strange reading your post, I find myself coming here, and its been a while,  like yourself I lost my mum around 5 years ago, at first I thought that I was coming here to help those who have recently lost someone but I realised that I was coming here for me.

You see, we pick ourselves up, we get through grief however we can and it does get easier not because it doesn't hurt anymore but because we have to, I guess we learn to cope and by learning to cope we are able to remember the good times without crying instead we laugh and cherish the memories.

Maybe 5 years is a secret milestone, It says we came though this, we want to just tell someone that we still miss them, truth is Tigger, I want to tell my mum everything that she as missed, I want to tell her how grateful I am to have had her ,and how thankful I am for all that she did for me, and by writing it here I can.

Love to you Tigger, see you here in 5 years time X

• We're almost at year 7. 7 years is physically impossible. I continue to plan things for "her day" and unfortunately it falls on Mother's Day weekend this year so I'm going away to our favourite holiday (UK) seaside location where we've had a bench installed facing the sea. 

Love to you all as always 

Love and Hugs x