My dad

• 11 replies
  • 19 subscribers

Hi All

I lost my dad on the 29/09/2021. He was diagnosed in November 2018 and was told it was terminal. I have read previous posts and i know that i am extremely lucky the fact he made it for an extra three years but i feel so sad and it doesn't feel real. He just went down hill so fast and i am struggling to come to terms with it. We had his results back in June 21 that the scans and tumours were ok and then three months later he had gone.

I feel numb and a dull ache in my chest from this. His funeral is next week and i have decided not to see him in the chapel of rest. I feel masses amount of guilt for not going to see him but that wasn't him. He had changed so much, he lost loads of weight and was basically skin and bone at the end. I am trying to remember him when like his normal self. I have no motivation for anything and don't really want to see/speak to anyone. He was rushed into hospital twice before he died and i still feel like he's in there now and i am still waiting for the text to go and get him.

I know i am grieving but I'm not sure if my next step would be to talk to my gp and let them know how I'm feeling. I can't stop crying and will cry at the smallest thing.

• Hi there my mum went in for fluid on her lungs but I made sure as soon as it was drained she came home they didn’t treat her like I did and I only wanted the best for my mum she ended up with a bed sore stuck in the hospital which I tried and gradually got it better but she lost use of her legs and for the 2 half months left she was bed bound but I kept her spirits up I watched tv with her never left her side only for bed and even then she had a buzzer to push for me to come and that I hear to this day haunts me I have night terrors and I don’t think I’ll ever be the same without mum in my life we were so close I’m just a lost empty person inside I have family but losing mum I never endured pain like this ever please hear for all to talk x