Funeral on Monday

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 18 subscribers

Hi. 
1st post on here although I have been reading them for the past few years. 
my mum pasted away on the 20th December after a 2 ye battle with bowel cancer which spread to her liver. 
 I’m distraught, heart broken my mum best friend has lost her life to this horrible disease. 
she got her wish to ge at home when she passed. She was discharged from hospital on 19th December and passed on the 20th December with me by her side.  This I take some comfort in.  Mums funeral is on Monday and I’m dreading it. I feel sick. I cry every time I think of it, I’m crying now. 
I have had to organise it. I hope I have done her proud. But don’t think anything will ever be good enough. We are a small family and there will only be 10 people at the funeral. 
 It’s a day I never want to come but want to be over. 
I miss my mum so much and am struggling keeping it together. 
my husband is AMAZING and helping as best he can. I have no motivation and don’t want to go out or do anything. I have 2 young daughters 9 and 7. I’m having to home school and try and sort out the funeral and empty mums flat ( she was in sheltered accommodation)   
Im dreading Monday so much. I’m not sleeping and can’t think of anything else. Just can’t see a way out of this fog. 

To top all this my Nan ( mums mum) who is 102 and in a nursing home has been diagnosed as covid positive.  This is also constantly on my mind. 

I know so many are in my position and know it will get better but at the moment my life is the worst it could be and want the pain and hurt to stop and want mum back but I know that’s not going to happen and hate it. 

sorry for rant. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I am so sorry for your loss; losing a parent isn't easy.  I lost my Father in November 2018 and its still hurts today.

The funeral will not be easy but take comfort in the fact you have done everything you could for your Mum.  If you are strong enough, give the eulogy and mention the fun times you had with your Mum; it is difficult to do but I take comfort in the fact I did this for my Dad.  You could always write it and ask the official mourner to read it on your behalf but reading it yourself is your last chance to say goodbye and make it really personal.

Take solace in your family, I could not have got through it without my wife, she was my rock throughout this horrendous time.  Remember, it is early days and it will be difficult; things do get easier with time and one day you will look back with an odd mix of joy and sadness when you think about your Mum.  Find a nice photograph of her and give it pride of place, look at it every day and think of something nice that you did together, why not light a candle of remembrance by it on special occasions.  All of this helps me wo and bit years on.  I still shed a tear now and then but I am beginning to remember all of those good times rather than the bad.

Take comfort in the love your Mum had for you and you still have for her.

Nothing will remove the hurt, only time but I hope these meagre words may offer some help.

Andy

• I lost my mam 27th Dec at home. 81yr old  We had   music only what she liked. We didn't like idea of someone talking about her who didn't know her. Mam didn't need words. Her funeral was 12th Jan 2020. I know how you feel truly do. Had few hours sleep every night since she passed. I'd cry silently next to my husband. Cry in shower.

I kept strong for my dad on the day. Mam had a Beautiful service. 

It's going be very tough leading up to final goodbye feeling sick on edge but I had to think mam wouldn't of wanted me to sad think good times. That she always be with me. I had tears and still do have my moments. 

I have quick chat to her looking at her photo every day

Over past week I think the grief has hit me more because it was none stop since we lost mam. Everyday something to do its hard. 

We got mams ashes back Friday and I've planned to get her ashes made into beautiful peice of glass ornement hand crafted which I can go see been made. So she always be at my house with me. Even my dad is thinkin the same idea.

Let yourself go through the day naturally but take time out for yourself too. I hope your mam has beautiful day my heart goes out to you x