Lost my lovely Mam

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 18 subscribers

Hi everyone 

I lost my Mam in the early hours of Friday morning after she was diagnosed with lung cancer on Sunday. I feel absolutely shocked to think that she’s gone so soon and I also feel so sad that we couldn’t get her home from hospital for her final hours as she wanted that so much - we had the bed and oxygen all set up for her at home but when it came to be time to leave she wasn’t up to it. I’m really worried about my Dad who isn’t coping well and I’m just really at a loss as to how to process it all. We lost my brother last year aged just 53 so it feels like we are going through trauma all over again. Thank you for reading this I just wanted to share my feelings outside of the family.

• Hi

I'm very sorry to hear about the sudden death of your mam. It must be very hard for you that it happened so quickly after she was diagnosed.

Everyone copes with bereavement differently and there's no right or wrong way. 

Sending a supportive ((hug))

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"