I believe my French bull dog DORA knew the passing of Cheryl

• 3 replies
  • 9 subscribers

My French bull dog DORA was a massive comfort and aided me with the pain of grief by being by my side constantly. 

She is so protective towards me and knows when I get emotional. 

I couldn't have managed aswell as I have without her. 

I owe her a lot of love. She was a rescue dog from a breader who wanted rid after giving them 3 litters.

I received her with a belly full of stitches from a c section. 

• Hi  

She's lovely, looks like she has a good life with you now.

A x

What is a Community Champion?

I am a Macmillan volunteer. 

Macmillan Support Helpline

0808 808 00 00 

7 days a week between 8am -8pm

• Hi Dora223, my dog Pip, though was suffering with Dementia, was by my side all through my breast cancer op & treatment. He died same day as oncologist told me no more chemo. I was devastated though good news about chemo. Pip was a loving guy, we had a good life together for 14 yrs & miss him very much. I've now adopted a rescue french bulldog that needed a home. Similar to you, owners didn't want her after breeding her. I'm still going through more cancer treatment 3rd year now but Maddie is there for me too. I'm very lucky to have such lovely caring dogs in my life to help me get through more cancer treatment & giving me a life to enjoy with her to carry on. Dora looks gorgeous! xx 

• There is so much more about a rescue dog .I think the bond is instant due to total different way there life is from now something I'm sure they've never witnessed in there younger days.

They just love the company ,the love and attention. 

In return there character un folds ,but I think they are all crackers as they explode into a crazy dash up and down the landing ,banging off doors and walls ,jumping up and down off the sofa and then suddenly flop in a pile absolutely knackered. 

At the moment Dora has a terrible skin condition and always gets worse when I stop the steroids.

I don't want her to be taking the steroids every day but I can't control her scratching without them .

She has to be cared for no matter what it takes and so be it ,back to vets for tablets.

She looked after me in my crisis and I owe her everything.

I hope you get so much fun and love with your rescue Frenchy .

Take care and I hope all the best for you both .