Working?

• chemo #3

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello you lovely lot

Well, it all went well until they tired to get the stitch out from the Hickman line op thingy and a bit of it was stuck to the scab so it pulled - bit *ouch* but we got there in the end ;)

Feeling WOOZY from piriton etc, but picked up afterwards by stepdad, mum here all afternoon to make me cuppas and cooked dinner when kids got in, so lolling on sofa is all I've done and all I'm going to do until…

• unco-operative piping

FormerMember
    FormerMember

So went for bloods today. My 'positional' tubes which have caused a little difficulty before played up big time today and they had to resort to taking bloods from my arm as none would come out from the tubes, despite them asking me to put arms above head, try coughing, deep breaths, lying flat, standing up....... NO said the tubes! Then the nurse tried removing the stitch (the 3 weeks since having tubes inserted…

• wibbly wobbly

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Having a little sob on the phone last night with P and then chatting on phone with lovely Lynne cheered me up and I went to bed happier, and also didn't have an odd dream for a change. Well, actually, my dreams are ALWAYS vivid, but recently they have been bit gory too. I think the shock and the physical stuff/being manhandled etc is coming out..?

Anyhoo, woke up feeling a lot brighter this morning, can feel…

• overwhelmed?

FormerMember
    FormerMember

A nice start to the day with a nice long bath, of course tucking the tubes up out of the way so they don't get wet, followed by only having to shout 4 times to get my 13 yr old out of the house so we could get to my mums for lunch, time being the essence today as they were off to Devon at about 4.

"you look pale and fraught" said my mum, more than once. I wasn't feeling fraught. But it got me thinking.…

• child-free day

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Lurched out of bed at 5.40am, managed to get one 6 yr old and two 13 yr olds out of the house by 6.40 in time to get on a bus at 6.50, all excitedly off to legoland.

Back to bed then for me til 9.30, then lay on sofa drinking tea. Managed to get my glad rags on in time to meet my friend L for lunch... baguettes and chips yumyum! Then we drifted about the village and peered into various shops, and then I found what I…