When my heart began to break

• Sunday morning scared of the week coming :(

Morning, I would add good infront of that but I am not feeling very good about things. My anxiety had me awake early this morning, for a second I wake up and think everything's ok. Then I remember about my daddy and the sick feeling kicks in. Sometimes followed by a rush to the toilet. Some mornings I feel positive but today is not one of them, thinking about how most stories I have read on lung cancer do not have…
  • When my heart began to break

On November 12th my mum was making home made pickled onions for the first time. She was boiling vinegar and chilli for the onions to go in. The smell of this made my dad feel yukky and this is when the cough first started. The cough carried on and everytime we prompted him to go to a doctor he said no as associated the cough with being because of the boiling vinegar. Then nearly a month ago my mum finally persuaded him…

• A bit of background

My name is Kirsty I am 26 and am married with a 3year old daughter. I regard my family as my best friends in life, I was scared to move out and sad because spending time with my family is my favourite thing to do. I now live in the same road as my parents because I hate being away from them. My family are my world and I am at my happiest when we are together. My mum is 53 and my dad is 52. My dad used to be a…