Latest news!

2 minute read time.

Thank you, firstly, for anyone who is looking at this. I am 69 years old and many of you have known me over the last few years on the Lung Cancer group and The Room. I was diagnosed in January 2013 and was fortunate to have an EGFR mutation. Have been on Gefitinib since then and all seemed to be holding it at bay Four months  ago told cancer growing! Took a blood test to see if I was TDM1 positive- that's the usual further mutation, but negative for that! Since that had I/V antibiotics for Klebsiella and Psuedomonas (damn lodgers and not paying rent)! . The story continues as found that cancer was growing "again" and they thought Gefitinib was no longer working- felt infection may have given false reading on PET scan so had another one on Tuesday - plus a brain scan last week cos my leg did a few funny collapslng things recently- I do have a brain by the way- always in doubt. The big problem now seems to be that they don't feel it's possible  to get a new tissue sample to check for other mutations. Have sent oncologist a long e-mail offering my body up to open surgery for a wedge/partial lobectomy and they are having an MDT about me ( and no doubt a hundred or more) to see what can be done. SO I wait with "baited breath" to find my options next Monday.

Meanwhile, This is the human living with it bit!!! Spent 2 hours taking to Macmillan and Cancer Research - Macmillan lady superb - Cancer Research- more like an automated message service - absolutely crap! Desperately looking for ways I can suggest  to oncologist  to get a tissue sample BUT no help there.

TODAY Pissed right off after wasting two hours on phone with no help at all Okay - admit it- poured myself a couple of large vodkas!! I know, I know that is not the answer but it takes the edge off things!

All best intentions of walking my two dachshunds BUT off for a snuggle down in nice clean bed (did at least do that and all the ironing) - I have a boy of nearly 18 - say no more huh??! 

FEELING - very much as if I have hit a brick wall and stressing about appointment on Monday with oncologist, when I have to keep my cool and just stay determined/ focussed etc.

THINK - I have been very lucky so far in the fact that I was given 3-4 months in January 2014 - haven't I done well???!!  

Thank you all for listening/looking - this is my first try at blogging so really don't know the ins and outs- forgive me if I've screwed up!!

Love and Hugs  to you all and all the very best for your particular journey  Diz xxx

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Will look forward to all your updates Diz, rest assured I will be following your blog with much interest and I know your humour will be most uplifting, for me, most definitely.

Keep on writing Diz. Much love from me to you. xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well you did really well on your blog,  they say you learn something new every day so your one up on me. Look forward to your next blog, there will be no stopping you.

Take Care Ellie xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Dizzie.  Hang in there - my wife was given the 4 months sentence over 4 years ago.  Take one day at a time.

Simple suggestion - just ask the Onc  whyhe doesn't want to take another biopsy.  They usually have a reason, it's just they aren't good at volunteering. And sometimes having to frame an answer makes them reconsider.  And if you don't have the T790M, there are a raft of other ways you might be progressing, and there are drugs available for many of them.

All the best (and walk the dachshunds, they need it too).

Blocker.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Diz, hope the appointment on Monday goes well, and they come up with another option.  Glad they found your brain, that must have been a worry!!  Keep blogging Diz, I will be reading and cheering you on.  Lots of love Jasmin xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi All, here I am again to bore you to death or maybe make you giggle??  Oh Dear it's now confession time! After my 2 or more vodkas I always get a bit brave on the net - SO decided to look for a dating site LOL! Having Googled Cancer dating site I came up with one that said it dealt with people facing cancer etc - called Cancer Match! Oh my life - I thought I looked rough- BUT you can see why so many men are on their own!! Firstly I said people within 25 mile radius- I didn't realise County Armagh was that close to me!! Got all these messages within half an hour and I don't think any of them were under 25 stone! Now I don't wanna be judgmental  BUT that ain't what I'm looking for. Almost all of them were bikers and heavily tattooed as well!! Oh dear the things we do when we feel brave enough after a few drinks. Got up today to at least 50 messages and unsubscribed - can't think why??  So yet another silly old cow who thinks she can find her "Prince Charming" on the internet. Think I may start hanging around street corners soon after dark with my mini skirt on - might have a better response??Anyway another rivetting day in the life of Diz xxx

x