Hair Loss

• Wigs and toupees

Starting chemo in 10 days and told will lose hair within 2 weeks, I live in West Sussex and need to know if anyone has found or used a good place to get a wig/ toupee, I am a male and have full head of hair so will be devistated to lose it, anybody please advise

• Stage 4 Bowel Cancer has led to a Liver Resection

FormerMember
    FormerMember

So, after emergency surgery for Stage 4 bowel cancer in March, waking up to a stoma and three months of folfirinox, I'm now due a liver resection for the 4 mets in my liver, next week. Look out QE, here I come!

Looking forward to having it removed (as much as you can look forward to surgery) but nervous about the recovery and for the second time this year trying to get back to some sort of normality .

Finally got…

• Hats Shopping

FormerMember
    FormerMember

How do you decide what to do to feel an iota of your old self after losing your hair? I'm currently living in a beanie hat as I have a small amount of hair left at the front and back. Once this goes I do not know what to do... I've always had a lot of hair, kept it in a reasonable condition but taken it for granted. Do I try for a full on wig or look for a clip in piece if I keep the sides. 

I certainly cannot…