Knitting and breast cancer

• Latest update - 2nd and 3rd round of EC

Wed 14/02/2018

2nd round of chemo today, went really well, DH came with me and felt fine all through it. Even drove home!!

Carried on with steroids, injections and anti sickness as per first time. Felt a bit woozy and tired but nothing unmanageable.

This 2nd round has been really good and have felt better than first!!

Mon 26/02/2018

Oncologist again today asked how I had been and said yes all good. He said would keep…

• Chemo?? The gift that keeps on giving!!! day 13

I have decided on this title as the 'the gift' as I got up this morning, felt fine, had a good nights sleep etc. and pondered (with my 1st coffee) this is not too bad, had a couple of really bad days, a few not so bad so all in all getting there.

BOOM ....... an hour later I felt as though I had been knocked into next week. I felt awful, flu like symptoms all over my body and absolutely no energy. I had an oncologist…

• Now on day 11

Well, the last time I posted I was having a major meltdown!!! That was on 30th Jan. Since then I have felt so much better. I am now on day 11 and side effects still keep coming but nowhere near as bad, just sometimes totally unexpected.

On Wednesday (31/1) my daughter took me to M&S for some retail therapy and a coffee. Really great time until you get home and realise how exhausted you are!!

Thursday - nothing much…

• Major meltdown day!!!!

Well there I am day 5/6 of treatment; (yesterday 29/1/18) thought this chemo was a piece of cake! How wrong am I??? I have got up this morning and just feel awful. I really can’t explain how I feel, no energy, my mouth and tongue feel strange, I’m crying and just now realise this is what I’ve got for the next few months. I have been so positive since diagnosis, I suppose, as I didn’t feel ill, it has all been a bit surreal…

• 1st round of chemo!! EC-T

Wednesday 24/1/18

Well, that went better than expected!!!  I am having EC-T chemo.

Nurses in these places are just fantastic!!!! Full praise to all of them up and down the country having to sit and listen to our woes and worries and probably hearing the same thing every day!!

The lovely nurse talked through everything she was doing to me and DH. It just makes these experiences so much better if you have happy people around…