Major meltdown day!!!!

1 minute read time.

Well there I am day 5/6 of treatment; (yesterday 29/1/18) thought this chemo was a piece of cake! How wrong am I??? I have got up this morning and just feel awful. I really can’t explain how I feel, no energy, my mouth and tongue feel strange, I’m crying and just now realise this is what I’ve got for the next few months. I have been so positive since diagnosis, I suppose, as I didn’t feel ill, it has all been a bit surreal until today! Now I just want it all to go away and wonder if I’m going to get through this with my sanity still in place. I know there are people a LOT worse off than me, and much braver, so I’m sorry for whinging.

This chemo doesn’t give any warnings does it? Boom there you go take that.

Biggest curveball coming straight at me.

I suppose the good thing is I am sleeping reasonably well, but won’t hold my breath!

The biggest support (apart from DH, which goes without saying) is the ladies online here.

OMG they are tremendous

You could whinge, wail and moan all day and they would still be positive. What a fantastic community this is.

They have all reminded me about the effects of the steroids, the comedown (urghhh) and injections. They then explain how they felt/feel and most are more or less the same.

This is a massive journey (much as I hate using that word) but it is. I just keep thinking this time next year all over, hair grown and back to normal (whatever that is).

Ah well, back to knitting and daytime TV (never watched so much TV) while I still can!!!!

Thanks everyone

Anonymous