Now on day 11

1 minute read time.

Well, the last time I posted I was having a major meltdown!!! That was on 30th Jan. Since then I have felt so much better. I am now on day 11 and side effects still keep coming but nowhere near as bad, just sometimes totally unexpected.

On Wednesday (31/1) my daughter took me to M&S for some retail therapy and a coffee. Really great time until you get home and realise how exhausted you are!!

Thursday - nothing much to report, pottering about indoors and knitting.

Friday – again felt quite well and popped out with DH for a little bit of shopping however, again very tired.

I think the main symptoms I have are the tiredness and an awful dry mouth when I wake in the mornings. When I say dry I mean no saliva at all. This tends to wake me up and I have water but doesn’t seem to take effect so end up getting up. This is usually anything between 6-8am.

Woke this morning with stomach cramps and after getting up some horrible aches and pains which have now gone!

This is all such a learning curve. You wake every day and wonder how you will be, no two days are the same.

So, day10/11 is when the hair loss could possibly start. First thing I check each morningJ, am I ready for this?? Not sure. Have been very positive about the hair loss and am prepared as in I have hair, hats etc. but mentally?? I like to think I am but until it actually happens who can say

I have my first oncology appointment on Monday since starting chemo, should be interesting…

Another knitting pic

Anonymous
  • I love your knitting, I hope things keep getting better for you through your treatment.

I just wanted to mention that I have saw others talk about a spray for a dry mouth, your team should be able to prescribe something for you.

I've also just looked it up and you can buy it from a chemist but I'd let them know about any other meds you are on and your treatment before buying it (if its of interest to you).

Lots of love

Xx

• Thanks Arlo, I have an oncology appointment on Monday so will ask them thrn

take care xx