Latest update - 2nd and 3rd round of EC

1 minute read time.

Wed 14/02/2018

2nd round of chemo today, went really well, DH came with me and felt fine all through it. Even drove home!!

Carried on with steroids, injections and anti sickness as per first time. Felt a bit woozy and tired but nothing unmanageable.

This 2nd round has been really good and have felt better than first!!

Mon 26/02/2018

Oncologist again today asked how I had been and said yes all good. He said would keep dosage the same as my body seem to be tolerating it well. Good for me!!

Wed 07/03/2018

3rd treatment today, OMG. Felt it really going through and didn’t feel too good. Nurse was lovely and kept checking I was OK.

Finished off with a coffee and biscuit, but did not feel well enough to drive home so DH got me home safely.

Well to say this knocked me for six would be an understatement!!! I felt so so tired when I got home fit for nothing. So different to the 2nd one. Maybe it is the build up in my body, not sure but do not like this at all.

Bed early after all the drugs.

Thur 8/3

Got up didn’t feel too bad but not great. Pottered about at home doing nothing much as so so tired. Not slept for more than about 4 hours.

Fri 9/3

Did some housework, no real change just very tired. Didn’t sleep well again about 3-4 hours.

Sat 10/3

family came over, still so tired and worn out, no energy at all, again 3-4 hours sleep. Went to bed early but woke 3 separate times. Not good.

Sun 11/3

Mothers Day!! ha ha, felt awful when got up again not enough sleep. Then the CRYING started. Horrible but can’t stop it. All the questions, why me? effing cancer, what have I done to deserve this? All the usual.

Bed early and slept pretty well, that’s cos steroids have stopped.

Mon 12/3

Slept better last night but just no energy, horrible taste in mouth still, woozy, giddy, just plain horrid.

Anonymous