Jackie in Cancerland

• Telescope, drink me, eat me, the garden

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Having cancer definitely influences how you spend time and what you do. In my case, I was able to continue doing some activities like going to meetings and ad-hoc seminars and meeting up with friends. 

I stopped dancing because I did not want to get bumped; in any case it was not fair if other dancers had to be extra careful because of me. I could not dance but I did go and see friends perform.  I didn't have the…

• Down the Road

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I haven't driven for years and my husband Peter is my car driver. We have gone down the same road and round the small roundabout and long the road to the A10 so many times but now the route has different significance. The route leads to the North Mid Hospital. 

I have increasing awareness of  the houses, flats, shops trees, traffic, traffic lights taking on new significance. We turn right and pass the school, often parents…

• Introduction

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello! I am 69 years old, an older dancer and live in Tottenham, London.

This blog is based on my experiences during my cancer journey which began early in 2017. It is influenced by Lewis Carroll's "Alice in Wonderland". Just as Alice visited a place where she met unexpected challenges, the known and unknown became "curiouser and curiouser", I experienced my "Adventures in Cancerland" in similar ways. It is my journey…