Aspen's story

• Day 13 post-chemo 1

Feeling back to normal now, thank god.  I had been feeling mildly ropey - like a hangover all day - even with the anti-sickness meds and steroids - so was convinced they weren't working very effectively.  Changed my mind when the granisetron ran out.  Which was Boxing Day.  I had 5 days' worth of granisetron but was told to take it for 3.  I took it for 5 because the last 2 days were Christmas Eve and Christmas Day! …

• Chemo one over and done

Such a lot has happened since my last blog.  The other tests were all clear so we are only dealing with my boob and lymph glands.  The consultant did mention that they might do a full lymph node clearance at op time but I suppose we will see how much things have shrunk with the chemo.  I got the choice of hospitals for where to get my chemo and went with a tip from one of the nurses who said the chemo unit at St J's was…

• Newly diagnosed

I really, with all my heart and soul, don't want to be here.  To ever have had to log in to this MacMillan site, google cancer support or suddenly be facing wig or bandana options when I should be thinking about chicken or turkey for Christmas dinner. 

I found a lump in my armpit on 9 November.  Christ, it's not small.  How could I have missed it before?  See, if you normally shower and keep your arm up and taut…