My Journey at 23

• Chapter 7; The diagnosis

FormerMember
    FormerMember

So it's been almost a month since I last posted! In that time I've seen my consultant, and had the Mirena IUD fitted. 

I saw her last week (15/08) and was able to ask all my questions and had them answered. 

I have Complex Hyperplasia without  Atypia. There's only a 5% chance of it turning cancerous, and fingers crossed is reversible with the Mirena IUD. So I had that fitted last week. I have to say I found…

• Chapter 6; The Anxiety

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Woken up this morning feeling so anxious. 5 weeks until I see my consultant. Too long in my eyes. Been trying to call her secretary to see if there's an earlier appointment but can't get through. 

I've got so many unanswered questions! A list as long as my arm. Here are some of them;

• What's the chance of it developing into cancer

• Is it with or without Atypia 

• Will my fertility be affected…

• Chapter 5; The letter has arrived

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Finally received my results letter following my hysteroscopy 25 days ago. The longest wait of my life!

The polyp removed was benign (yay) but the biopsy taken from my womb showed overreacting cells called Complex Hyperplasia. I'm not sure if it's with or without atypia. 

So it's just pre cancer and not full blown cancer.

The consultant suggests a Mirena Coil and I have an appointment with her in 5 weeks…

• Chapter 4; Small update

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I should get my results letter tomorrow or Tuesday, fingers crossed! 

The last few days I've been plagued by a cold and I've gone through hundreds of tissues! 

Last night I had nausea and cramps and this morning I've got very bad cramps and a dodgey stomach! Plus headaches and backache it's safe to say I'm feeling sorry for myself. 

Quite proud that I've been so patient for this long but it…

• Chapter 3; The result is in, but there's a catch...

FormerMember
    FormerMember

So it's 18 days post hysteroscopy and finally the consultant has received my histology results. The only catch is, she's not back at my local hospital until Thursday as she floats between the 3 near me. So it's unlikely I'll get a results letter until Monday or Tuesday next week (24th/25th). 

So now I wait again in the hope that maybe she'll call me Thursday or Friday instead. Here's hoping...  …