My Journey at 23

• Chapter 12; Good news at last!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

After 2 weeks I got my biopsy results from my hysteroscopy and it’s good news! 

The Complex Hyperplasia has gone and my cells are looking normal! Just need another biopsy in 6 months time and if that’s clear the Mirena can come out. 

I couldn’t be happier! 

• Chapter 11; Battling the anxiety beast

FormerMember
    FormerMember

So it’s only been a week since my hysteroscopy, so a week since my biopsy’s were taken. That means it will probably be another 2 weeks until I have the results. But then after the results it will go to the MDT so it’s likely to be weeks before I actually know a treatment plan. 

For someone with chronic depression and anxiety, this waiting period is hell. 

I can’t sleep at night, and when I do I have horrible dreams…

• Chapter 10; Not the news I was expecting...

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi everyone

So the Mirena has been in for 6 months now, as as planned, yesterday I had my hysteroscopy and biopsy. 

I spoke to my consultant before I went in and she was certain everything would look fine!

I come round from the GA and she tells me my uterus looks exactly how it did 6 months ago. This was not what any of us were expecting and I feel crushingly disappointed and upset. 

She’s sent the biopsy off…

• Chapter 9; 6 months is up!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi everyone. Left this blog way to long, yet again!

I’ve had the Mirena in for almost 6 months now which means it’s biopsy time!

My appointment it on 15th February (which makes it exactly 6 months) and I’m having it under general anaesthetic. 

I’m feeling fairly positive! I’m hoping if the results are good it can be taken out. It gives me horrible back ache. 

For the last few months I’ve had a few days of spotting…

• Chapter 8; Another thing to worry about

FormerMember
    FormerMember

So it’s been 2 months since I last posted, sorry!

The Mirena is doing its job and at an ultrasound last week, my uterus lining has gone from 2cm to 1cm in just 9 weeks! There was also no sign of cysts which is good news. I’ll have a biopsy in February and see how things are looking from that point of view. 

Aside from that, I’ve been referred to the Breast Clinic. Very quickly I may add! Down the speedy 2 week route…