Beauty and the Beast

• Return of the Beast

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Sadly we were informed on Tuesday July 18th, following a CT scan of Val's chest, that the cancer has spread to her lungs.

• Recovery at Home (Week 6)

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thursday July 6th.

This will be the last week of this blog and while on the one hand I am relieved, I am also disappointed that Val’s recovery is so slow.

Still, a new week and that must mean another visit to hospital.

I had been out at a meeting in the morning and when I got home at about 13.00 Val was complaining about her left leg being swollen and aching from her groin to her toes. This was making walking difficult…

• Recovery at Home (Week Five)

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thursday June 29th.

This was a morning when I had my third physio session and then Val had a blood test at our GP practice. The blood test was required by the surgeon for our outpatient appointment with him on July 12th. This was followed by a trip to Cost Coffee for a sort of brunch as neither of us had had any breakfast.

Val had a good sleep in the afternoon and followed that up with scrambled eggs and then peaches…

• Recovery at Home (Week 4)

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thursday June 22nd.

After another uncomfortable night, the day was thankfully somewhat cooler. We have not had any rain or thunderstorms so it is still a little humid.

I had my second session at the sports injury clinic at if anything it was even more painful. The initial session had been for 45 minutes and this, plus subsequent sessions, are for 30 minutes. I have never known 30 minutes to pass so slowly or so painfully…

• Recovery at Home (Week 3)

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thursday June 15th.

Both of us had slept well again but the problems of the evening before had left her a bit drained.

My day started with a visit to a sports injury clinic to get some attention to my left upper arm. I had injured  my arm on a bus last August and hadn’t rushed to get it attended to and then Val’s health issue took precedence. It was an interesting experience involving more pain than I have ever experienced…