Why Not Me?

• Change of Scenery

FormerMember
    FormerMember

It's now 2 weeks since my axillary clearance and I still feel uncomfortable with constant aching pain in my shoulder, upper arm and elbow. Nights are the worst - trying to get comfortable in bed is impossible.

I am told that I should be called back for my results in a week and I'm constantly second guessing whether I'll have chemo or hormone tablets and radiotherapy - the waiting is unbearable! We can't change…

• Axillary Clearance - Pain and Numbness

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I had an axillary clearance - nodes out under right armpit - on 8th April, following a WLE/SNB on 14th March where 2 of the 3 nodes taken out for biopsy were flecked with cancer.  It's now a week and two days later and my right arm feels like it is being gripped by Edward Scissorhands and I have this twitching burning feeling every so often that really hurts.  I am back taking the cocodomol for pain relief to try and…

• Moving Goalposts

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I had an awful day today with a few sorry tears. I feel so sad for my husband when he's sitting watching me cry, I mean, what can he say or do? I was in pain from the clearance - sore, stiff and burning - and I also felt full of doom and gloom about the now, the next and the future.

I'm praying that there are no more positive lymph nodes and trying my hardest to be positive, but sometimes it is the hardest…

• On The Rollercoaster

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I had a real 'down' day yesterday, cried lots and kept wanting to just shout 'WHY?' at the top of my voice. Stupid thought I know, but I want to know what's going to happen next - although deep down, I'm sure I'll be recommended for chemo. My lumpectomy was successful with clear margins, but 2 of the 3 sentinel nodes taken out tested positive. Back in I went (on Saturday 8th April) and I had an axillary clearance. Pain…

• Axillary Clearance Done

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well I am back home following my axillary clearance surgery on Saturday - the hospital staff were so lovely, every single one of them, and as I had to stay in overnight due to my ridiculously low blood pressure, I met quite a few.

It was strange as I spent almost five hours in recovery - apparently the ward won't accept you until your BP is above a certain number - but there was music playing and the recovery nurses have…