Volunteering

• Cancer Networks in an ever changing world

FormerMember
    FormerMember

All views in my blog are my own. Sorry if you don't agree.

Before April 2013 cancer networks up and down the country worked hard to make sure that Cancer was a disease fought hard against.

Some people would pass away and some would live. Whatever the outcome networks tried to make sure the journey was always improving. They did not always make the right decisions and networks were not all the same. There could…

• I like to pretend I only blog when I need to clear my head...

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi everyone,

I plan to return to my sporadic blogging and hope that my predictive text does not change too many words.

I was in a meeting the other week at Macmillan HQ discussing the online community, what is working and what needs more work. It got me to thinking how little I blog which is strange in one respect. I like the volunteers group but sometimes I know people read my posts and never reply. That is my favourite…

• Marketing Tips!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

So firstly there is no excuse for not blogging for like a month but i have won an award so let me off?? 

Secondly the excellent piece of facebook marketing i am about to include goes full credit to Aberystwyth Macmillan University group because honestly i loved it so much i thought more people needed to see it. 

"Your Country Needs You! The war with cancer still isn't over!'

After the massive success…

• Let's Talk About You

FormerMember
    FormerMember

So this blog post is all about something i am really proud of. Something which is still being reviewed all the time. Something which i don't have a lot of involvement in anymore which is actually a good thing. 

http://www.macmillan.org.uk/Cancerinformation/Ifsomeoneelsehascancer/Youngcarers2010.aspx

So Let's Talk About You is a young carers guide produced by Macmillan. I was involved right from the very beginning…

• How do i volunteer if i cannot be sure of how much time i have or i cannot get out a lot?

FormerMember
    FormerMember

It is a good question and one where the answer is staring you in the face. :) 

No one wants to promise to do something and then find they actually cannot manage it. Sometimes with all the will in the world it happens. Life just gets in the way. Any organisation you volunteer for will understand that; many will try to help you find a role you can do. They don't want to lose anybody's time because to a charity or community…