Viv0147

• Still Waiting

Although I finished my treatment in January, and since then losing my voice to just a whisper, which thankfully has now returned to normal. I was supposed to be seeing my consultant in April to have hopefully good news, that has now been put back to ...
    • 28 Mar 2021
  • Throat hurting

Only 2 more sessions to go so it will be good to say done, I was offered my mask to take home on Wednesday but I won't accept, the last thing I want hanging around is that! I will be glad to see the back of it. My throat is now hurting when I swa...
    • 4 Jan 2021
  • Two Days Off

Session 11 went well I was picked up 9.30 am had my treatment and was home by 10.30 am. I now have two days off back on Sunday and then four sessions to finish the treatment. My throat is getting a little sore now, although it's manageable at the...
    • 1 Jan 2021
  • 2/3 of the way 10 done 5 to go

Today I was picked up 9.45 am had my treatment and arrived home 10-30 am amazing! I am guessing I am one of the lucky ones still no side effects (cross fingers), I will be having my 11th session New Year's Eve then a few days off. So a Happy and ...
    • 30 Dec 2020
  • 9th Session

Went very well didn't have to hang about too long and so far very good with no side effects I must be one of the lacky ones  
    • 30 Dec 2020
  • Session 8

Just gone over halfway in my treatment and still okay no side effects, after yesterdays debacle having to wait for 3 hours for the ambulance to take me home. I thought it should be okay today! Well, it started showing promise a volunteer car picked m...
    • 28 Dec 2020
  • Session 7

Again the radiotherapy went well and I am not suffering any side effects so far so good, I hope it is having the desired effect. Not the best of endings though because of staff being off, and the ambulance the last patient had covid 19 so it had to b...
    • 28 Dec 2020
  • Session 6

Christmas Eve session 6, before the radiotherapy I had to have my blood taken all went well, off now until Sunday, I had a dry mouth during the night, but other than that no other side effects yet.    
    • 25 Dec 2020
  • Session 5

Had my treatment today all went well, I am getting used to the routine and so far no side effects, 1 more to do before Christmas so there is a good chance I should be okay for my Christmas dinner. I was supposed to be going up to my Sons for dinner b...
    • 23 Dec 2020
  • Session 4

Again it went well I am getting used to it now although it is a little claustrophobic with the mask on. While getting dressed I  mentioned how I am amazed by the technology and the machine and was quite shocked when the nurse told me the machine...
    • 22 Dec 2020
  • Session 3

Session 3 went well, and after I had a consultation with the people involved with my treatment to check if I was having any problems regarding side effects which so far. none
    • 22 Dec 2020
  • Day 2

much better today my 10 am appointment was on-time, 10.20 am in the ambulance on my way home, no ill effects so far.  
    • 18 Dec 2020
  • Day 1 of Radiotherapy

Much easier than expected, not the best of starts, arrived for my 10 am appointment, because of 1 machine breaking down also a patient being unwell my treatment didn't start until 11.50 am, except for the mask seeming tight it went well, 15...
    • 18 Dec 2020
  • virtual appointment

Yesterday I had a virtual appointment with the dietician and the speech therapy radiology nurses. I love technology, so there I was at home on my computer discussing with the nurses who were in the hospital my upcoming treatment. AmazingToday, I had ...
    • 10 Dec 2020
  • Mask Fitted

I had the mask fitted which was quite easy and the staff there were so nice and supportive, so my treatment will start in about 2 weeks so I may be having the treatment over Christmas which is no problem to me, the main thing is to get better.  ...
    • 2 Dec 2020
  • Good News

The good news today, the first biopsy worked! So I don't need to have a biopsy under a general anaesthetic on the 30th of November. Which also means I no longer have to self-isolate I will be given the result on Thursday afternoon and will be adv...
    • 27 Nov 2020
  • Let the treatment begin

After going through 2 lockdowns in Wales, I now have to self-isolate for 14 days in case I have to have an operation on the 30th of November which I find ironic, but no complaints this Covid 19 is a menace to the world. Well, I had the result ...
    • 27 Nov 2020
  • First day of Self-Isolation

After going through 2 lockdowns in Wales, I now have to self-isolate for 14 days in case I have to have an operation on the 30th of November which I find ironic, but no complaints this Covid 19 is a menace to the world.
    • 16 Nov 2020
  • I am waiting for the result of a biopsy on my vocal cord

The consultant is hoping he has removed enough tissue for it to be analysed, he used a local anaesthetic so the tube through my nose down to my voice box (not nice). Just in case it doesn't work out he has pencilled me in for the 30th of November...
    • 14 Nov 2020