Valentinex2's blog

• The New Journey

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi again!

Well had two days at the Western General Hospital in Edinburgh.  Got a bone marrow asp - which was more painful thatn the one I had last June when I was diagnosed.  Also took loads of blood from me and ECG and echo cardiogram.  I see the consultant again on Tuesday when - if he has happy with results I will be starting my new trial drug lenalidamide.

I have lots of mixed thoughts- whether I am right to accept…

• Today was platelets day!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi all

Today I had to go for my usual weekly visit for platelets - normally this is a Wednesday but I am going to Western General in Edinburgh tomorrow  as I am starting a trial.  I now have to get 'washed plateletes' as just before New Year I took a reaction to ordinary platelets - in that I felt my ears start to tingle and was itchy all over - within seconds my ears had swollen up (I looked like Dumbo) and I had this…

• New Journey

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello All

I have not done any blogs for months although I log in every day to see how you all are. A quick recap for those of you who don't know me.  Diagnosed last June with acute myleoid leukaemia - right out of the blue - no previous symptoms but felt faint one morning when out cycling.  I have the strange chromosome 5 problem which meant that chemo was only going to give me a very very slim chance so I decided…

• Living under the shadow of the axe!

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Hi All Well so far I have been very positive since being diagnosed with AML (chemo not suitable) but although today I have been to hosp and all is stable I have decided that the worst thing is the strain of perpetually feeling like I am living in the shadow of the axe! I feel well but my mind is starting to play tricks on me - every little niggle and I worry - is this it? It is constantly there marring my quality…
  • Lazy day due to Luke!

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Morning all! I am due to go for blood top up tomorrow - so haemoglobin is about as low as it is allowed to get! Had a good night's sleep apart from the cat wakening me at 4.30am yowling in my ear - don't know what was wrong with her. Got back to sleep okay and had a fairly long lie in until 10 and fnished my library book. Got up and went in the shower but started to feel faint - this was how I presented at the hospital…