frightened

Less than one minute read time.

well i've started my phased return to work. few half days and a full day tomorrow. bit tired after work but nothing major. still having problems with constipation which wears me down but i cant really complain. my biggest fear is the unknown. i was visited a few times in hospital from a pal ronnie who had just had an op for bladder cancer. he was doing well and looked great. fast forward 6 weeks and he is now in a hospice with the cancer spread thru his bones. he can bearly talk and this big lump of a rugby player is just skin and bone. i am devistated for him and can't get my head around how fast this has been. i know its a different cancer but i now have a permanent headache worrying about mine coming back - which i'm told it will.

how do people get on with their lives without breaking into a cold sweat when they get a niggling pain or can't be bothered eating?? i think i'm making myself ill worrying about it.

advice please folks. xxxxx tracey

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Tracey,

If you keep on going the way you are you will make yourself ill,and that wont help anybody. Just take things a day at a time.  You Look after yourself.

Take care and be safe Big Hugs Love Sarsfield.xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

thank you i know i'm being silly. will just have to get a grip. lol

xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Tracey

After I went back to work (phased return: combined work with RT Mon - Thurs. with Fridays off work, only RT) I found that work took my mind off cancer.  I had some really scary moments such as: how do I stop that noise from the telephone?  Colleagues thankfully understood and made allowances.  By the end of the month (which coinsided with the end of RT) I was almost 100%.  However, I'm still going back to hospital for further checks: last year was a mamogram (because my GP found 'something'), last week it was a biopsy (because a mole on my 'other' breast broke) to remind me!  In between, thanks to work, family etc I tend to forget about this experience.  Give it time, and you will be fine too!

All the very best

Georgia XXXX

• Hi go to this thread and look for the link to the article in the first post it will help you understand better how you are feeling, which by the way is normal

community.macmillan.org.uk/.../32458.aspx

john

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello Tracy, just wondered what the alternative would be to worrying yourself silly.  How about just living for the day and enjoying every minute.  None of us are going to be here forever, death is the only thing we can be sure of - the bit in between is an adventure so grasp what  you have because what will be will be.  Oh, and listen to your body and if you are tired, REST.  Ann x