Thymoma anyone ?

• One year post-cisplatin

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Been just over a year since I kicked the cisplatin habit. Can honestly say that not one part of me got on with it in any way - but it can sure kick some serious cancer butt. 

Towards the back end of last year I was able to be objective about things - all I can say now is let that WMD do it's thing. There are no guarentees - and as it never signed the Geneva Convention be prepared for some collateral damage - however…

• Slowly back to the daily grind

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Spent two days in work this week, and will very gradually ramp things up over the next couple of months. Only catch is I keep thinking I can do more than I actually can ...

I find that I am getting a little breathless again because I am scared to breathe deeply in case it hurts (it used to - not any more though thanks (?!) to 6 litres of cisplatin). Have been advised to take up Yoga to try and fix this - I must have been…

• Who said food and chemo doesn't mix ?

FormerMember
    FormerMember

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8328377.stm

I always new that only being able to enjoy Indian food during my chemo sessions was actually a good thing ... !

• A good day

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Have to be honest - every day is good since perhaps beginning of March. Last year was horrible - walking 10 paces left me struggling for breath - then I was diagnosed which was even worse. And then ... the treatment started.

• When the chemo began to "kick in" and it's effects began to eclipse those of my thymoma (ok - the "unexpected" emergency admission to Papworth in Feb may have done something…