The C Bomb Diary

• Just about me...

FormerMember
    FormerMember

So here I am sitting at the computer having not slept very well... this is a pattern, no real reason for not sleeping, just fall asleep ok, then wake lots of times during the night!

I wake up wide awake, not the sleepy sort of waking up! I don't feel tired and I don't feel able to just roll over and go back to sleep.

I do fall asleep early say about 10pm... usually because I have had a busy full day  - bit I…

• Good News -- Dads lung cancer is localised!!!!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

There was no evidence that the cancer has spread and Dad is being referred for radiotherapy to reduce the size of the cancer he has in his lung!

Good news and made the day so much brighter!

Good News is that Matt has had his skin graft and he is doing well - tough on him but this time he has his friends on side too! He has another op Monday though... two in 4 days Grrrr

Happiness comes in little bits and each one should…

• Dad will get his biopsy results on Friday morning ...

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well it is a good thing that I work M/T/W as they wanted to see him a week today! When my mum explained I couldnt get there they said come this Friday... so saved another week of waiting!

Not sure what to expect - we know he has cancer in his lung, we know there were several suspect dark patches in other parts of his chest [hence the op to get samples to biopsy]

Still not been told what stage of lung cancer he has …

• more operations and more tests - two journeys colliding in time

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Matt is off to have another operation to remove a SCC on Thursday and will involve a skin graft again... then on Monday 21st he is off to the hospital for several BCC's scraped off...

Dad is still waiting for Biopsy results from recent op - seems forever waiting and we are waiting for news - has it spread or not... sort of used to saying My Dad has lung cancer...

Me, had a wobble in my positivity and came online…

• Been a while... lots happening...

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well where do I start... just before Christmas my Dad starting hospital visits re 'breathlessness and a persistent cough' after many visits these last two months yesterday it was confirmed he has lung cancer. There is also a chance there is some other 'hot spots' from the PET scan to indicate other areas of concern in his chest.

Sunday he is being admitted to hospital for an operation to access these…