Rosiebird's blog

• Pleased and Puzzeled

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Had a letter from my Oncologist today, the news was very good my scan showed that there had been minimal change from the scan l had 12 months ago and some deposits were smaller. All great news, but l though that the previous scan had showed no sign of the cancer, so how could this one show less?

My Ca 125 is rising so l am expecting to have more chemo but not for a while yet by the look of things. does not want to see…

• Ovarian Cancer

FormerMember
    FormerMember

It nearly 12 months since my last treatment. I have just had my three month check. As expected my CA125 is still going up its 200 now normal is below 35.

My Oncologist is sending me for a CT scan to see where the cancer is this time and how big its grown. When it gets to 4mm its the time for more chemo. I dont think l shall be having the treatment jut yet but may be later this year.

Well ive been there and done it 4…

• Oops not nearly normal after all.

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I went for my 3 month check today and saw my Oncologist not the Registrar. My CA 125 has now started to go up again. He said it was 150 l was puzzeled because he said it had not risen  by much. I said l thought it was 40 he said no its never been down to that. I would have swarn the Dr told me 40 may be 140? I dont know but lm not nearly normal after all. Are well never mind. No action as yet.

• Oh I'm" Nearly Normal"

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Went to see my Oncologist today and was told  my CA125 Cancer Marker has come down. thats 6 months after chemo!!!! Amazing. I was expecting to be having a CTscan.

For a Cancer Patient the CA125 needs to be below 35

My CA125 is offically now 40 so hence my "Nearly Normal" 

So l am as high as a kite,

Rosie

• Update on my Caelyx journey

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I just realised l had not finished with my updates so here goes.

I when on and had 6 sessions of Caelyx and then another Ct scan and then my oncologist didn' twant to see me for three months.

When l did see my Oncologist the news was not as good as hoped. My CA125 had gone down to 135 not under 35 as l had hoped. My Ct scan showed no changes.

What it boils down to is l could (should) be having chemo but because…