Rosiebird's blog

• Holiday Insurance

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Just thought l would give you all a warning. Turkey is a no go area for cancer patients. MIA on line have told me they will not cover anyone with health conditions going to Turkey because they have had too many claims.Just thought if any one was making plans to go it might be as well to change your destination.

looks like l will be going with out health cover again, oh well "just dont tell my oncologist"

• Good News

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I have had my fourth chemo today. my Oncologist is very pleased with my responce to Caelyx. my blood tests had been going up so l had a ct scan to see if it was working which it is so l am very pleased because l had thought l might have to be starting again.

so l am planning a birdwatching trip to celebrate.

Rosie

• chemo may not be working

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I saw my Oncologist yesterday and he told me that he wanted me to have a CT Scan. My CA125 was still going up. He wants to check if its working or else he will try another one. I did have my 3rd chemo while l was there. I had a long wait because of staff shortages. never mind its over for now.

So l am waitring for my scan which should be in the next two weeks. Last time l was offered a cancelation may be l will get lucky…

• Caelyx second time

FormerMember
    FormerMember

well have had caelyx for the second time, again sickness not a problem did ok untill the second week. I have now got a rash all over the place but not sore hands and feet..the e45 seems to help me with the rash l hope it contiues to do so. will be wearing loose clothing to help too.

The depression was not so bad this time. l am in my third week now so l hope the rash subsides. will be having my next chemo early in J…

• Sharon 22

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Sharon, sorry l left chat so quickly this afternoon. My brothers had come to give me a report about my Aunt who is in hospital. I Just wanted to apologise for leaving so quickly. Please accept my sincere condolences on the loss of your husband.

Rosiebird