Random topics that inspired me to write . . .

• There may be trouble ahead . . .

FormerMember
    FormerMember

What a weekend. . .

The background to it started on the 3rd of October this year [2007], with a routine visit to my dentist. He's a big, affable South African - probably of Boer extraction [no pun intended !] - and we get along fine. 
    Often times we will shoot the breeze about biking, music, the state of the NHS, etc. while he bimbles around inside my mouth, doing what dentists do best.
    This visit started just the same;…

• I'll be waiting, at the Bridge.

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Ever wondered what happens to us when we die ? Oo-ooh, heavy !! I see it as a time of transition and perhaps I can explain it best in the following few lines. Bear with me if you can . . .

From the moment of our birth we live within our Earthly bodies - the flesh and bones that house us and enable us to communicate with others, as well as being a means of getting out and about. If we are lucky enough - and…

• Two Glasses Of Wine.

FormerMember
    FormerMember

When things in your life seem almost too much to handle, when 24 hours in a day are not enough, remember the mayonnaise jar and the 2 glasses of wine... 

A professor stood before his philosophy class and had some items in front of him.

When the class began, wordlessly, he picked up a very large and empty mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with golf balls.  
    He then asked the students if the jar was full. 
    They agreed…

• Desiderata - as valid to-day as it was, years ago. I try to live my Life this way . . .

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons.

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant, they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.

If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for…

• Friendship [This one still makes me 'fill up']

FormerMember
    FormerMember

People come and people go and, in the course of my Life, I have met hundreds of people. It has been a pleasure, for the most part, getting to know someone, discovering common interests, creating memories with them, spending time with them. A few - a precious few - have stayed the course and have become very much a part of me, having helped to shape me into that which I am to-day. To these few I owe a debt of gratitude…