Pennyx2's blog

• The Life of Riley

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Yet again this morning I received an email mentioning that the sender thinks that I am to be envied for "living the life of Riley". This person is a lovely person, with a slight disability herself, and in a highly-paid job. She knows that I am terminally ill, but sees from my Facebook profile that I post a lot of photos. The reason that I am not also at work is that as soon as I told my employer that I had been given…
  • Five Key Issues Tackled by me.

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    As many of you know, my old hospital gave me just "3-4 months" in May 2007, so I should have been pushing up my holly-tree a minimum of ten months ago. Not only am I alive, but I am very much alive! As they said there was nothing else that they could do for me (except treat peri-terminal conditions), I have had no medical treatment at all now for about 16 months. What's kept me going? Probably that won't be understood…
  • "Choose and Book" - OK?

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    As many of you will know, after my anniversary visit to drop a card off for my local Oncology Team who had told me I would die 3-4 months from May 2007, I received a letter suggesting it would be "appropriate" for me to have another scan. Some people here urged me to do this. Others, including the interim Cancer MacMillan nurse, suggested I leave well alone. However I have been quietly doing my homework. Since I got…
  • Go t' the Foot of Our Stairs!

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    This follows on from my '"Definitely Not a Year" Year Blog'. As I said there, on my way home from aromatherapy on the anniversary of my "3-4 months" verdict, I called in at the Oncology Department and handed over a greetings card telling them that I was still alive. This morning I have had a letter from my Oncologist, with whom I have had no contact for the intervening year since my 3-4 months terminal verdict. It…
  • The "Definitely not a Year" Year Blog.

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    One year ago yesterday, on 20th May 2007, my friend Sophie and her partner took myself and my partner out in the nearest countryside. We walked in the woods, and located the elusive Robin Hood's Well. Sophie took a photo of me and her partner play-fighting as Merry Men. We walked further and I started to feel tired and unwell...After we had eaten the picnic they had made, we lay on the grass in the sunshine. Passersby…