Pennyx2's blog

• Fun at Nottingham - and I don't mean Goose Fair

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Last Thursday I emailed PALS. They are supposed to respond with an acknowledgement within two working days. As today is now the fourth working day on and nothing, I had another hunt on the web. It's rather confusing, with very little information on making a complaint, so I telephoned the City Hospital. Wait in queue and ask for Complaints Department. "I'll just put you through." After seven minutes of silence I concluded…
  • I've cracked

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    no - not "up", just that this afternoon I have finally put in motion a complaint to the NHS about my mis-diagnosis, mistakes over incomplete treatment, neglect to mention positive factors, and failure to forward my old scans to my new hospital. Firstly thank you to all of you who sent me texts and F/book messages of support for my appointment yesterday. Those of you following my struggle will not be overly surprised…
  • Nailing Jelly to the Ceiling

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    As 'regular listeners' will know, I managed to get myself transferred from my original hospital to the Royal Marsden. The reasons for leaving the old place were (1) a misdiagnosis of Stage 2 when on the same page of the file 'mets' to distant lymph nodes had been noted. (2) Lack of apology for this mistake on behalf of the head consultant who eventually delivered the news. (3) After them not being able to find the…
  • Horrible news

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    I've written before that I used to work in a wonderful museum that was closed by the Local Council after a real dirty tricks campaign. All the staff there at the end really loved the place, and gave lots of our time for free. Within 4 years of the closure 3 out of 6 of us have had cancer. Who says that stress doesn't play a part? You all probably know that I am terminal, after an initial misdiagnosis by our local…
  • Mysteries at the Mars Bar

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Firstly thank you to everyone who send best wishes or thought about me today. I was called in early, and sat pen poised over big sheet of paper, ready for a good long list of all the mets that have developed over the course of my treatment-free 15 months. Dr Ann M knocks on door (how polite), and has just a sheet of paper. My original mets were to the supra clavicular fossa and the para-aortic lymph nodes. These were…