2011 nearly 2012 or is it Victorian Times?

3 minute read time.

Tonight I am very angry, so angry I dont know where to start.

My husband was supposed to have a cafeter in yesterday, when I left today he still hadnt got one.

He was soaking wet and had been for some time when I got there. He is semi-awake, sometimes he trys to get a bottle but doesnt manage.

Because he is very uncomfortable to be moved around, he is naked lying on his bed with just a sheet over him. He is in and out of sleep,but trys to use a bottle, no curtains around because as I said hes not really with it.. He is in a 6 bedded ward! Where the hell is the Dignity in that? If he knew........

He did manage a couple of sentences today about the Dr telling him about his scan results and that its bad news,that the cancer is in his bones etc. and that if I was in before he went off Duty he would tell me too. I wish I hadnt told his own Dr not to tell him the implications of the raised calcium in his blood, his Dr. and I present would have been so much kinder.

Its a good job that my husbands lovely Dr explained all to me on Thursday before he went in an Ambulance to Hospital. I did not see the Dr at the hospital needless to say.

My husbands Dr had said that it would be safer for my husband to be in Hospital over the week-end as I wouldnt be able to contact anyone as its another Bank Holiday. If he was at home, he would be clean and dry.

I went to the Nurses desk,and said where is  is the Dignity in that, that is not right. Its not fair on him or the other patients. Yes we know, this is the Dr you need to speak to, but she didnt know he needed one! She then told me this is the problem at week-ends there are only 2 Registras on for the whole of the Cancer Wards, they had to deal with the poorly ones first, and then get around to the ones like my husband.

I have even been asked today wether I will be having my husband home or will he be going into a Nursing Home. Hang on a minute, the roller coaster is going far too fast now, I am struggling to catch up. I was still hoping he was going to be able to walk out of there, be alright for a while and.......

I am writing this as its a New Years Eve that I know I will never forget. I am sitting at home with just me and the dogs, hoping so much that there will still be time to make some more happier memories.

This is 2011, very nearly 2012. What on earth happend to the sick and elderly being treated with Respect, Kindness, allowing them the Dignity they deserve. Nurses and Drs do not have the time because they are filling in forms, they are under staffed etc etc. Its wrong its so very wrong.

What ever happened to the basic principles of Nursing.

I am not sure that I should have put this on the general site, perhaps it should be on Carers site, but why are we all allowing this  to happen. One Nurse said today, I would do it myselft if I could, but I cant,we have to wait for a Dr. My husband would have his dignity, he would be clean and dry .

My thoughts and best wishes to eveyone out there with cancer and their carers, on this New Years Eve.

respect     xxxxx

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Dear Little My,

Heres bait for comment.

I must have a spy in my house, did you see how the Prime Minister has stolen my words, almost word perfect.

Patients, Nures, Basic Care, Respect, Dignity................................ Oer

Hope you are all well

Lots of Love

Respect

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi respect,

As the advert used to say:

I saw it and thought of you!

Do you write Cameron's speeches?

Hope things are better now ,

Love and hugs,

Colin xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Dear Colin

Yes the treatment is amazing, what a difference a week makes. It is just as it should be, Nursing at its best, but then tomorrow is Saturday, followed by Sunday, so all I can say is ROLL ON MONDAY!

I hope with all my heart that my husband does not take a turn for the worst, as I am so wanting him to come home next week.

I hope you are well Colin, have a good week end.

Much love

Respect

xxxxxx

Just off to look for the bugging devices.........................................

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Pssst.oi, ssshhhhh....  Respect, over here....

Whisper whisper so they can't hear us. I think there is one in lamp by the TV...  and that photo looks suspicious...

Didn't hear the speech but if he did bug you, then hoorah! if he's stating the obvious....

And if he is bugging you.... Can you stand next to the lamp and shout rather loudly that every one with cancer ought to get new shiny things to make them feel better? Free trollbeads for example. Oh and free chocklit. Oh and carers need free cake and wine.

Thanks.

Hope he comes home next week (your hubby, not Cameron- that would be rubbish!) and that the weekend isn't too grotty for you and him.(hubby, not Cameron again) I hope they do better when I go in for my op, or Cameron will bloody hear me alright, bug or no bugs...!

I usually write bug hugs as a typo and I quite like it so leave it, but perhaps in this case it isn't appropriate? oh what the hell...

Bug hugs to you

Little My xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello You

Cameron then, mmmm. This morning when I first heard it on the radio, I text someone to say Tony Blair had said...............

Then I sent another text to say the P.M. said it, because I couldnt remember his name.

I thought all the things he is going to bring in is basic nurse training, and that is what they are supposed to be doing. Have I missed something? Yes stating the obvious.

You and your chocklit! We have half a dozen boxes from Christmas, Large Boxes. My husband and I will have lovely afternoons sharing them in between carers coming in.

I hope you have a really good week-end, not too much work, lots of rest, and ofcourse chocklit and shiny things too.

Take care LM

Bug Hugs to you too

Respect

xxxx