not waving but drowning

• GLOOM

FormerMember
    FormerMember

It was quite a good day, for a Monday. It rained, of course, but I didn't collide with any deer on my way to work, didn't get held up in roadworks or stuck behind a tractor.

When I got home, J was still out at his dad's but was back in time for tea.

Today's alarming news was that my stepdaughter's dog had had a fit this morning, and her partner had been bitten when trying to stop the dog choking on its tongue…

• going round in circles

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Dad-in-law is getting worse. His memory is deteriorating to the extent that he can't remember which family member has taken him out & where he has been.

He is very weak. When he has been put to bed he can't sit up and have a drink or switch on his lamp, so when the carer last night forgot to leave his hall light on and he woke up, he didn't know where he was as it was dark. (He is blind in one eye). Last week…

• keep taking the tablets

FormerMember
    FormerMember

So, after some prompting, I went to see my GP (a locum whom I hadn't met but never mind).

She was a bit gobsmacked at my 'short' version of my woes & complaints but listened kindly and sent me off with a fistful of prescriptions.

And that was that. I will be All Better soon and not complain so much as I will be drugged up & docile, I hope.

It was only after I'd left that I realised she would have…

• because I can't think of anything helpful to say to Hilary (or anybody else!)

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I can't imagine the horrendousness of having cancer myself. I can, of course, send hugs and love and hope this photo of my stepgrandson and Wee Dug searching for The Meaning Of LIfe makes somebody smile.

love to all my new mac family

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx