My mum has extensive sclc

• November 14th 2009 - Having a restful day.

FormerMember
    FormerMember

My mum and I are having a restful day today.  At the moment we're sitting watching extreme makeover.  Earlier we got the wig out and mum had a go at putting it on.  She's still not that keen.  We had some visitors and they had a try, including a 16 year old lad who actually looked really good.  We had a laugh and it kept things light.

I got a blue badge application form through the post which is a bit confusing.  I…

• November 13th - mum got her wig

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Toda has been a good day.  Mum and I went to the wig salon and she got her wig.  It is really nice and although it is slightly longer than her own she has decided not to have it cut.  Mum is blond and I am dark but tonight I tried the wig on to let mum see how it looked on me.  She thinks I really suited the blond hair BUT it's not about to happen.  I'll stick with my dark hair with white highlights, the highlights…

• How it all began!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

In August this year (2009) six of us went to Florida for a holiday.  All was well and the first 4 days were brilliant but then my mum got what appeared to be a bad cold; runny nose and cough.  The cough got worse as the holiday progressed although mum, a spritely 73 year old, marched around Disney like a teenager. 

When we got home from Florida mums cough was very chesty and on August 24th she went to our GP who gave her…