Wednesday September 29th - Shell shocked!

1 minute read time.

Thanks everyone.  I finally went to sleep around 1am but was up and doing a washing at 4am.  I've now hoovered the whole house and have just sat down with a coffee and the thought that I need to find out about funerals.  Although we live down here and have a lot of very good friends all our family and many of mums friends are up in Paisley.  I feel the funeral should be up there but not sure how feesible that is or how much it would cost to take mum up there. 

I have cried on and off since I got home from the hospital last night.  The least little thing sets me off.  I'm praying that I can hold it together when I see mum this afternoon.  No phone call from Christine, or Carol from the hospice, yet this morning so am praying they are trying to sort something out before they contact me.

I rung the ward this morning and was given the standard she's had a comfortable night and is stable at the moment.  The stable bit is not standard actually, that word seems to have been added since we got the news yesterday! 

I was numb yesterday, today I am shell shocked!

Anonymous
  • Hi Caroline as Jean said above try to make the best of the time you have and if you can try to get your mum to talk. You need to make sure everything you need to say is said and that you still try to make happy memories.

sending you both best wishes and prays.

john

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Caroline

I'm so sorry to here your news about your lovely mum my heart really goes out to you

I hope and pray that  you manage to get a place for mum in the hospice

thinking of you  xxxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Caroline,  

I don't come on to the Mac site very often now and have only read about your mum.

My love and hugs go out to you both

Stacey xxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello Caroline

Just want you to know that you and your Mum are in my thoughts xxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Mum was a bit brighter when I saw her tonight.  I think she was making an effort because Gillian was with me.  Tonight Kieran and I watched the Man Utd game and just as it finished my mobile rang and it was mum.  She sounded good and informed me that Sharon was such a lovely girl and that I had no idea what a difference it made when she was on duty to look after her and the others.  I asked who Sharon was, is she a nurse, an auxilliary?  Next thing I hear mum saying 'what is your job Sharon?' and Sharon answered that she was an auxilliary.  She had rung me so that mum could speak to me and had stayed with her to put the phone off when she'd finished.  Mum was also able to talk to Kieran (her best boy) and he told her that he will be in to see her tomorrow night when he finishes his volunteering on another ward.  That also cheered her up as she absolutely adores him as he does her.  I am feeling better tonight and am hopeful that I'll get some sleep.  Thank you to you all and God Bless Sharon, the auxilliary!