Wednesday September 29th - Shell shocked!

1 minute read time.

Thanks everyone.  I finally went to sleep around 1am but was up and doing a washing at 4am.  I've now hoovered the whole house and have just sat down with a coffee and the thought that I need to find out about funerals.  Although we live down here and have a lot of very good friends all our family and many of mums friends are up in Paisley.  I feel the funeral should be up there but not sure how feesible that is or how much it would cost to take mum up there. 

I have cried on and off since I got home from the hospital last night.  The least little thing sets me off.  I'm praying that I can hold it together when I see mum this afternoon.  No phone call from Christine, or Carol from the hospice, yet this morning so am praying they are trying to sort something out before they contact me.

I rung the ward this morning and was given the standard she's had a comfortable night and is stable at the moment.  The stable bit is not standard actually, that word seems to have been added since we got the news yesterday! 

I was numb yesterday, today I am shell shocked!

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

nothing i can really add just to say sending positive thoughts thinking of you and all your family xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Sorry for how your mum is feeling Caroline.  She is probably taking it all in herself too, and just like a mum protecting you, as you said.  Its an instinct and its a hard one as a daughter to try and get your mum to open up, when she knows it may hurt you.  Christine sounds like someone Mum may open up to; so, your mum may want to chat with her when she feels ready.  

I hope you get some news today from Christine and manage to sleep better tonight if you can.

Sending you lots of strength and positive thoughts.

Love

Nic xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Caroline,

I think its all been said really, you know you are in my thoughts and prayers.  Just make sure that you yourself get enough rest, nothing worse than no sleep and trying to cope.

I really do hope that the hospice comes up trumpts for you.

You take care of yourself hun

loads of hugs

love Jan

xxxxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Caroline,

I am so sorry about the treatment you mother is getting, it should not be like that. Sorry l have only just caught up with your blogs.

Please give your lovely mum a hug from me. I will be praying for you both. Love Rosie

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi caroline just take time out with your mum and make the most of the time you will have left with her and worry about the rest when or if such things things happen cross that bridge when you come to it thinking of you and your family

Jean