Wednesday September 29th - Shell shocked!

1 minute read time.

Thanks everyone.  I finally went to sleep around 1am but was up and doing a washing at 4am.  I've now hoovered the whole house and have just sat down with a coffee and the thought that I need to find out about funerals.  Although we live down here and have a lot of very good friends all our family and many of mums friends are up in Paisley.  I feel the funeral should be up there but not sure how feesible that is or how much it would cost to take mum up there. 

I have cried on and off since I got home from the hospital last night.  The least little thing sets me off.  I'm praying that I can hold it together when I see mum this afternoon.  No phone call from Christine, or Carol from the hospice, yet this morning so am praying they are trying to sort something out before they contact me.

I rung the ward this morning and was given the standard she's had a comfortable night and is stable at the moment.  The stable bit is not standard actually, that word seems to have been added since we got the news yesterday! 

I was numb yesterday, today I am shell shocked!

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thank goodness for Sharon, great that you had a good evening thinking of you.

Jazz x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Caroline,

I just wrote some things to say to you here, pressed the "add" button and it all disappeared. For now, I am thinking of you and your Mum and praying for you both too. Hope you do sleep tonight. God bless you both.

Love, Rose x x x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thanks to all of you.  That's happened to me quite a few times Rose, very annoying!  I've had a good sleep and will be going up to the hospital this morning as I asked last night if I could go in when I felt like it.  The staff nurse said initially that they don't normally do that and why did I want to come in.  There was a lot I could have said but I didn't.  What I did say was that I wasn't going to have mum with me for much longer and that I wanted to spend as much time as possible with her.  She said 'of course you do and you are more of a help anyway when you're here!'  I could have said of course I am as I do your bl**dy job but I held my tongue and thanked her for her understanding!

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Good for you Caroline and glad you can go and see Mum anytime you want; that is so much better.  Hope Mum and you have a good visit today and let us know how she is?  

Take care and glad you had a good night's sleep; that really does help.  

Love

Nic x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Caroline

Ive been thinking of you and your mum, and am so sad that you have had the news you were hoping not to hear. Right now, I dont have any words of wisdom, but wanted to send you a big((((((hug)))))) anyway xx

You are a wonderful caring daughter, your mum is blessed.

with Love sharonxx