Wednesday September 29th - Shell shocked!

1 minute read time.

Thanks everyone.  I finally went to sleep around 1am but was up and doing a washing at 4am.  I've now hoovered the whole house and have just sat down with a coffee and the thought that I need to find out about funerals.  Although we live down here and have a lot of very good friends all our family and many of mums friends are up in Paisley.  I feel the funeral should be up there but not sure how feesible that is or how much it would cost to take mum up there. 

I have cried on and off since I got home from the hospital last night.  The least little thing sets me off.  I'm praying that I can hold it together when I see mum this afternoon.  No phone call from Christine, or Carol from the hospice, yet this morning so am praying they are trying to sort something out before they contact me.

I rung the ward this morning and was given the standard she's had a comfortable night and is stable at the moment.  The stable bit is not standard actually, that word seems to have been added since we got the news yesterday! 

I was numb yesterday, today I am shell shocked!

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Caroline

I am So sorry for your Mum and for Yourself at this sad time - I hope your Mum gets some help and improvement with better pain control and care also hoping that you get to share some happy times and get some comfort just talking together  - Sending alll my positve thoughts and love to you both.

Love and Hugs

John xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Caroline

I am So sorry for your Mum and for Yourself at this sad time - I hope your Mum gets some help and improvement with better pain control and care also hoping that you get to share some happy times and get some comfort just talking together  - Sending alll my positve thoughts and love to you both.

Love and Hugs

John xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Caroline

Love and Hugs

John xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Caroline ,My thoughts are with you and your lovely mum today. Sending you lots of love and hugs. Try and stay strong   Sue  xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hey John don't feel you have to send me your positive thoughts in triplicate.  Lol!  Mum has absolutely no pain of any description at the moment except that is for the pain I can see in her eyes.  She has sat and stared at me all afternoon and I just couldn't get any sort of conversation out of her.  She seems to have switched off. She was always such a sociable, happy, loving and caring person and now she just sits there looking broken.  I know she thinks she is protecting me but it is breaking my heart that she has no one to talk to and tell how she is feeling.  Neither Christine or Carol, from the hospice, have contacted me today so I feel as if I'm in limbo.  Mum says Christine came to the ward to see her at lunch time and gave her her dinner, about all I got out of her but I don't know if Christine has been or not.  Have text her to ask but not heard back as yet.  I hate constantly contacting her as I know she will be doing everything in her power to sort something out for mum and won't want to talk to me until she has some news.