Wednesday September 29th - Shell shocked!

1 minute read time.

Thanks everyone.  I finally went to sleep around 1am but was up and doing a washing at 4am.  I've now hoovered the whole house and have just sat down with a coffee and the thought that I need to find out about funerals.  Although we live down here and have a lot of very good friends all our family and many of mums friends are up in Paisley.  I feel the funeral should be up there but not sure how feesible that is or how much it would cost to take mum up there. 

I have cried on and off since I got home from the hospital last night.  The least little thing sets me off.  I'm praying that I can hold it together when I see mum this afternoon.  No phone call from Christine, or Carol from the hospice, yet this morning so am praying they are trying to sort something out before they contact me.

I rung the ward this morning and was given the standard she's had a comfortable night and is stable at the moment.  The stable bit is not standard actually, that word seems to have been added since we got the news yesterday! 

I was numb yesterday, today I am shell shocked!

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Caroline, i wish with all my heart i could wave a magic wand for you and your mum and make everything better, take care hun  suzie xxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Caroline

So sorry to hear your news. I'm sure once Mum is home and settled you will both be happier.

Love and Hugs to you both

Maxine xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Caroline, just wanted to echo what everyone else has said, and yes it will be easier for you when she is at home-but make sure you have the proper care package at hand, it can be very hard caring for someone at home and you will need all your strength and as much support as possible.

Much love to you, Julie xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

caroline, i cant put on here what i want too so will pm you huni ,

but i did want to say on practical note if you want to find out how patients ect feel about a hospital ,hospice of even a home ask to speak to the patients without the staff present if staff are happy with that its usually a good sign, jenni x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Caroline,

Thinking about you and your Mum. I hope your Mum gets a place in a Hospice where she can be looked after. Without you having to worry all the time.

Take care and be Safe Big HugsLove Sarsfield.xxx