Monday September 20th - I don't know what to do!

1 minute read time.

Mum seems to be deteriorating by the day.  She can't wash or dress herself.  She can't get out of bed or stand up from a chair.  When I ask her to move her leg a certain way like mum move your left foot forward. she thinks she's doing it but nothing happens.  She can shuffle along when I support her but is extremely unsteady and her left leg seems weaker than her right.  She seems vacant like the lights are on but nobody's home.  I can't explain it.  If you talk to her she answers and seems lucid but doesn't engage in conversation.  I would not dare leave her in the house on her own and just don't know what to do.  My aunt and uncle asked me today if I didn't think it might be an idea to get her into hospital where they can assess her properly.  I really don't want to do this but know that maybe it has to happen.  I really wish she had been able to get into the hospice but that hasn't been possible.  My nerves are in tatters.  If she felt ill I wouldn't hesitate in getting her to hospital but she's eating well, doesn't have any pain and says she doesn't feel confused.  I just don't know what to do!

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Caroline

Sorry to hear this about  your mum i am thinking like the others if it is  a urine infection

v kept getting those and it did affect her legs

i hope it get sorted soon

Look after yourself too

take care love janice xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I think all of your friends on here have said everything i could possibly say and more but i just wanted to send you a (((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGE HUG))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) You are doing an amazing job Caroline. X

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Caroline, if your mum is no better by the morning you should ring her GP, it could be something more than a UTI, has your mum been passing urine more often or has she had problems passing urine.You must be at your wits end and exhausted, i do hope you get the help you need for your mum and sooner rather than later.

Hugs Lucylee. xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I am praying that Christine rings in the morning and says she's got a bed for mum at the hosptal.  I don't know what I'll do if there isn't one!

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Caroline

Sorry to hear your Mum isn't so good at the moment. If Christine is unable to help, I would contact the GP and get the ball rolling. It may well be something that can be easily treated which is causing the problem.

Sending you both a big ((((HUG)))).

Love Alison.xx