Monday September 20th - I don't know what to do!

1 minute read time.

Mum seems to be deteriorating by the day.  She can't wash or dress herself.  She can't get out of bed or stand up from a chair.  When I ask her to move her leg a certain way like mum move your left foot forward. she thinks she's doing it but nothing happens.  She can shuffle along when I support her but is extremely unsteady and her left leg seems weaker than her right.  She seems vacant like the lights are on but nobody's home.  I can't explain it.  If you talk to her she answers and seems lucid but doesn't engage in conversation.  I would not dare leave her in the house on her own and just don't know what to do.  My aunt and uncle asked me today if I didn't think it might be an idea to get her into hospital where they can assess her properly.  I really don't want to do this but know that maybe it has to happen.  I really wish she had been able to get into the hospice but that hasn't been possible.  My nerves are in tatters.  If she felt ill I wouldn't hesitate in getting her to hospital but she's eating well, doesn't have any pain and says she doesn't feel confused.  I just don't know what to do!

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

huge hugs hun am thinking of you xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello Caroline,

Like everyone else, I'm sorry to hear your Mum's not doing so well. I will pray too that Christine is able to obtain a bed for her tomorrow (today now).

Sending love and many cyber hugs to you and your Mum.

Love, Rose  x x x x x x x x x x x ((((((hugs)))))) x x x x x x x x x x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Celi, like everyone else, I agree its time you got mums needs etc reviewed and give them all the symptoms. I know how hard it is to put a loved one into hospital, but it may be that is what she needs at the moment. It will also give you a bit of break from 24/7 care. Hope she gets better soon. Love and ((Hugs)) xxx Donna

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Celi - Sending you and your mom love and big hugs!

Maureen xxxxxxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thanks to all of you.  I don't know what I'd do without you all to be honest.  We are waiting on an ambulance to take mum in to hospital.  Initially she will be admitted to the medical assessment ward.  Christine, as usual, had it sorted first thing this morning.  Mum seems ok about it, resigned I think you'd say.  Caroline XX