My Mastectomy Journey...

• Take a read x

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    This blog I found describes EXACTLY how I feel... http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/3886195?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000003
  • Nearly 3 weeks post op

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Hey guys. Sorry I've not been on since before op. but my op was now three weeks (on Thursday) past- I am so glad to be on the other side of things. The pain isn't as bad as I thought it would be which can only be a good thing. I stayed with my sister for two weeks but am now back at home, it was fun having her shower me the first few days.... Haha! In hospital I was given my own room, I did struggle. It was all so…
  • This time next week, it'll be done...

FormerMember
    FormerMember

So next thursday is the op.  Cant say im looking forward to it.  I am so anxious.  I am so scared. 

I am hoping that its not going to be as bad as i think.... is that possible? i think im preparing myself for the worst so that im pleasantly surprised, maybe my pain threshold isnt as bad as i think...

Had last genetics counsellor session yesterday - its helped.  i realsied that i am a control freak! ha! i have this need to…

• One week and two days to go.....

FormerMember
    FormerMember

So its one week and two days to go.... everytime i think about it my tummy does somersaults, i get the runs and i panic.. all natural reactions though eh??

Im still at work (i come off this friday - haveign to build up flexi to take the Monday and Tuesday off though....) but its all i can think about.

Someone kindly on here suggested having a "good bye boobies" night, so im doing this on saturday, bit random, but i…

• 2 weeks to go...

FormerMember
    FormerMember

So, its 2 weeks today until i have my op... im becoming increasingly fed up waiting about. Wok is quiet as i have no case laod (im social work) so i come in a basically do some online shopping all day, sit on facebook, twitter, email, facebook, twitter, email, i sometimes mix it up with a bit of instagram.... But all in all, im bored.

Ive moved house, again, twice in 2 months, too much stress for me!! But now i am settled…