My Lovely Wife Julie 2

Less than one minute read time.

The Leicester Royal has restricted visiting hours to try and control flu viruses.  2-3pm and 7-8pm.  To get parked you have to arrive an hour early for the afternoon visit and then hang around waiting areas until the evening session.  We live 40 minits from the hospital so it doesn't make sense to go home.

The old visiting times used to be 11am to 8pm and you were guaranteed to be there when the Onc visits or any other Healthcare professional stops by her bed.

Today, while I was waiting to visit, a Palliative Care worker paid her a visit to discuss her demise, with good advise about leaving notes and instructions for her "loved ones" when she's gone.

He left - she cried alone - I could have thumped the calous B*****d for entering into a conversation, so delicate and personal, which was unsolicited without my knowledge.

We have approached every stage of this journey as a couple and it just P****d me off.

1st Radio to the Head today, 2 short blasts, one to each side

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Sadman, I hope the ward staff will be able to be more flexible with visiting  times for you and Julie.It really  angers me that we are sometimes treated like numbers instead of patients with feelings,and i am very sorry that Julie was treated in this way without you there.

Love to you both   Sue  xx