My Journey With Skin Cancer

• WOOHOO

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Just gave myself a needle for the first time- feeling like a badass! Still not looking forward to side effects that should be coming in the next hour or so but SO happy I managed to face my fear of needles! 

• Starting Back Up With Interferon

FormerMember
    FormerMember

After 2 weeks off of interferon self-injections, I'm starting back up later tonight.  Definitely not looking forward to it! I still haven't braved doing it myself so a nurse comes around 8:00 and then I'll feel crappy from about 9 until tomorrow afternoon.  And my doctor  told me the side effects will probably be bad tonight since my body will need to get used to the drug again.  Chills, fever, nausea, back pain…

• Ct scan tomorrow..

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Tomorrow I have a ct scan to check for recurrence.. I haven't been worried at all but today it just sort of hit me that there really is a good chance the cancer has come back.  I just keep reminding myself that I have done everything possible to lower my chance of recurrence and hopefully that was enough! 

On top of my fear of recurrence I'm worried about the ct scan itself.  Last time I had one I felt so nauseas…

• Introduction

FormerMember
    FormerMember

So with the new year I thought I might give blogging a go! Resolutions and all... I'll start at the beginning.

In September of 2011, I noticed a black dot in the middle of a mole on my nose. Not concerned at first, I ignored it but as the months passed the dot got bigger until it completely covered up the original mole (about the size of a pencil eraser).  My mother suggested I make an appointment with my gp and in…