My diary from Diagnosis TC

• Carboplatin 'done'

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hey guys,

well had it done yesterday and dont know what all the fuss was about, typical me, I think it was fearing the unknown, and that is never me anyway.

Went ok took all day though bored and at the end of it tired, but think that was the hanging about and waiting.feeling a bit nausias at the moment and still really tired but hanging in there.

Saturday, managed to get to work today, it was only 4 hours but ut stopped…

• Friday eve am ready!! carboplatin

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hey,

Its friday eve and not looking forward to tomorrow, my partner cannot get day off tomorrow am doing it alone, gulp!!

unsure if to drive or not as not sure what am going to be like after treatment and I dont wanna put others at risk in case anything happens. I cant be arsed to get the buses in, have to get  two of them to the Christie and a half mile walk, with my groin so sore from last week  after being admitted…

• re-scheduled treatment 15-07-2011

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hey guys

Feeling a little better after the nightmare weekend I had, have re-scheduled the  Carboplatin single treatment for this Friday coming, so again a kind of relief and again a kind of scariness about, building it back up again and psyching myself up again, Christies were really good about it and were completly understandable of the situation.

so here goes fingers crossed nothing will stop it this time.

Will keep…

• carboplatin Friday-aborted

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hey guys,

well it didnt go ahead the treatment, was admitted into MRI as they werent happy with the scarring and thought there was a burst abcess on the opsite, they didnt operate either instead sent me home this morning, still feeling rough but with no drugs except ibobrufen and paracetemol, not happy as I have to phsyc myself up again for Christies and not sure now if the single treatment has been jeapordised, have…

• D-day 08/07/2011

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi guys,

well, its that day today, the one I have been whinging on about for ages that no one has got hold of me, and now I dont want to go, am pretty scared now and have been praying this week to go slow, where usually am praying for Friday to come upon us so I can have a weekend free.

Have to see the surgeon first s the MRI and then scoot down to The Christie by 1.30 for bloods and to see the doc and then the carboplatin…