My Breast Cancer Story

• Dermatology Now!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Finally had my appointment at Dermatology on 23rd April. He arranged for me to have 3 more blood tests and I've signed the papers to have a punch biopsy on May 6th!! He gave me Dermol 500 to wash with, Balneum emollient and 1% menthol in Aqueous cream. I do hope all this finally solves my itching problem. He said that whatever is causing it, was probably brought on by chemotherapy. Another gift from cancer then!! 

• Well it WAS Pseudomonas!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I've just spent 10 days in hospital on intravenous antibiotics. The Opat nurses (Outpatient Parenteral Antimicrobial Therapy) came and taught me how to do my own intravenous antibiotics. I have a mid line (long line) inserted into a vein that goes all the way up to my shoulder and I have to infuse the drugs three times every day until Saturday morning. I'm using my nebulizer regularly too. I hope this doesn't happen…

• Feeling Really Ill

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I woke up this morning with a temperature of 38.7! I was worried that the Pseudomonas might be coming back again. But after Paracetamol, and a nap, I feel a bit better. I can't stop sneezing and  coughing, so it's probably just a cold - but with my lungs, a cold can lead to a 14 day hospital stay on intravenous antibiotics. I've had enough of hospitals for the time being, so taking every precaution I can. Drinking lots…

• At Last!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Happy Mother's Day to anyone reading.

My appointment with the Dermatologist has finally arrived. It isn't until April 23rd though. I am seeing my Oncologist on Tuesday 1st April. I'm really hoping that now my other appointment is arranged, that the Oncologist will swap my tablets from Tamoxifen back to Anastrazole, and sign me off. I don't think of it as losing an 'ologist, because I'll be replacing…

• More Problems

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Yesterday (4th March) I had an appointment with Oncology. I was hoping I would be signed off, but I've been having problems with itching, and a rash on my legs. My GP has been treating me with a double dose of anti histamine (a different one to my usual one) some Betnovate steroid ointment, and Flucloxacillin anti biotics. However, I am still itching and the rash has only improved slightly. So the Oncologist has referred…