Mike Dowding

• 4th chemo

FormerMember
    FormerMember

got the go-ahead for 4th chemo last week, starting it tomorrow. So a lot to do today; pick up radiator cabinet decide on light fittings for hall and lounge and buy them, get stuff to tip.  Busy, busy, busy!  Scan to follow after 5th of 6th chemo, not sure which.  Hope the hiccoughs don't happen this time, they're very tiring, can cope with the diarrhoea, although that can be a pain in the *rs*, literally! lol!

• Ladies who lunch

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Another lunch out, this time with an ex singing pupil. Good job that I am male or people I have taught singing to woud be singing Stephen Sondheim's "Here's to the ladies who lunch, everybody laugh" Avery sarcastic and cutting song!

• lovely day!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Had a fantastic day on Thursday. My two half sisters, my first cousin once removed and his wife came to visit aand I drove them into the city to have lunch at the Big Wok. My first cousin is 87 and his wife said she had not seen him enjoy food and eat so much for ages! It was very different to a normal restaurant experience with lots of kids running around, a lot of noise as people talked and the whole place singing happy…

• Treat

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Forgot to add the good part. Decided to treat myself to a recliner chair today which should be delivered tomorrow. YES

• delayed chemo

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Had to have my 4th chemo delayed because of a stomach bug. Added to the diarrhoea of the chemo, not very pleasant but bearable. Had to have last week in hospital on the infectious disease ward while they found out what waswring. I'm out now and have an appointment with the oncology nurse on Wednesday so hope she wil be able to tell me wwhat the plan is. Worse was a week of hiccoughs - very tiring!