Mike Dowding

• Not so good a couple of days

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Stupid, but the past couple of days have been really tiring. Normally I can get on with things, but have really felt that I couldn't be bothered. Should have gone to look for curtains and a rug for the lounge but couldn't make a decision where to go IKEA, etc.? Will have to pick myself up and get on with it tomorrow.

• 6th over!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Got disconnected today and feeling absolutely great. Nice to get to the hospital and not have to search for a parking space.

Decorating is going well been rubbed down, sandpapered and glossed so looking dead shiny! The room's looking good too.

Shame the weather is not going to be so ggod next week not looking forward to the lower temps but what the heck it is April and just chatted with my coz in the US only 40F…

• Sixth chemo and decorating

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Just getting ready to go to the Heartlands War 19 for the sixth session and hoping it goes as well as the fifth.

Decorators are filling, plastering, painting, varnishing, wallpapering and generally trying to put my living room to rights (not an easy job in a 1911 house).

I am leaving them to it while I relax in a chair in the Ward and hope it will be looking better when I get back later today!

Mike

• another lunch

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Had a really good time today with two ex-colleagues, Kaye and Trevor with a good few laughs. Anyone here in the Midlands, I can recommend the Green Man at Middleton near Drayton Manor for lunch. It's an attractive pub with pleasant staff and good food at a reasonable price.

Rang the Ward today to find out what time I was due for chemo tomorrrow (computer wouldn't book it after my last visit) to be told that it would…

• Yippee - I think!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Just got back from seeing the cancer support nursea t the hospital and she told me my markers were down from 17000 to 2000, so the chemo seems to be having an effect.  She is going to book a CT scan for the next 3 - 4 weeks so hopefully that will confirm th marker count and I can find out where I go from there.Although Ialready know that I have at least another 7 chemos to go as she tells me I am scheduled for 12.  If the…