Does anyone else feel like this when they are bereaved?

Less than one minute read time.

As a lot of you know, I lost my Beloved John on 22nd August and I feel so lost without him.  I'm scared too because I don't know how I'm going to survive without seeing his face or hearing his voice except in my memory.  I long to feel his arms around me again and his gentle kisses. 

I'm going to have to brace myself soon to look through his papers and sort out his estate which I'm dreading.  The darling man did leave a Will so it should be straight forward but it all seems so final.

His clothes are still in the wardrobes and drawers and that's where they'll stay until I can face sorting them out.  Sometimes I feel like crawling inside the wardrobe and curling up there where I can still smell him.

This is the worst feeling I've ever had in my life.  Up to now I've been surrounded by people but I need some time on my own, just to think about him and talk to him as if he was there in front of me or by my side.

Oh my darling.  I'm missing you so much.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Dearest Madge,

Sue and Shaz said what I would have said, as have all the others... so i won't ramble on... just to add that we love you and you are never alone as behind you stands all of us giving you the biggest biggest hug... so it might get a little crowded in the wardrobe! I

Give Gemma a cuddle and I wish I could help more, so much... but all I can do is send you the biggest virtual hug... .

(((((((((((Madge))))))))))))))))

Little My xxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Madge,

My thoughts and my feeling are with you through this very sad time. John will always be in your heart and close by.

So when you are ready to talk. As you know there will always be some here to give you help and support.

Look after yourself.

Take care and be safe Big Hugs Love Sarsfield.xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Been catching up on how you are doing, I think it's all very normal how you are feeling, looks like plenty of us have felt/are feeling the same way,   Sounds like the service was perfect, and such a lovely setting, your poem was beautiful. sending you hugs, and wanted to let you know your in my thoughts xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Cant really add much to what others have said but just to let you know you are being thought of and wsnding a big hug.

Love Lynxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Madge,

I wish I could be of some practical help but all I can offer is a virtual hug and the knowledge that you aren't alone, my mum is going through exactly the same. All my dad's things are still as they were when he went into hospital, his toothbrush is still in the mug, his coat still hangs up by the back door, his book is still by the bed. These are such hard times for all of us here, sometimes life really is unfair. Thinking of you, love Vikki xxx