Why I've been away from the site

1 minute read time.

Wednesday, 25th August 2010

Logging onto macmillan tonight made me realise I've been away for quite a long time and I wanted to try to explain to all my friends my reasons.

It may seem odd to you all, especially when we had such marvellous news after John's half way scan that his tumour had virtually disappeared, and I can't really explain it myself.

John is still undergoing chemotherapy treatment but there is only one more session to go.  However, the side effects have increased in severity and he is virtually housebound for most of the time now.  As a consequence he has become more and more touchy and takes it out on me which is having a bad effect on my mental state.  I feel guilty about leaving him for any period of time so I am stuck at home too. 

I've virtually given up on my hobbies and my friends and only get out of the house when i take my little dog for a walk.

I think I've been suffering a mild form of depression and its only recently that I've started to feel better. 

I feel guilty about staying away because I know we've been much luckier than many other people on this site.  Perhaps that's a reason too - feeling guilty about the good results.

Any way, I'm going to make an effort to come back and try to be of some support to all the wonderful people on this site. 

I hope you'll forgive me.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

oh madge i have so missed you :),

i am one of the unlucky people ,or so people would say ! but any of you who know me ,know that i dont believe that. i was blessed to have such love with my soul mate , and a love so precious and yes it was cut so devastatingly short , but remember madge im your friend , i cried for you both when you told me your good news ,thats is friendship for you , good news does so much good for me ,it restores my faith a little , so never say sorry , and yes i know just how much your both hurting but im always here for you both ,love and hugs jenni xxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Dear Madge,

How I wish cancer never existed or was cureable in every case and everyone had reason to leave the site and never come back. But secretly we are all under the spell of friendship that exists here. The bond forged in adversity is so strong how can we stay away.

Depression is never mild, so take care, mention it to your Macmillan nurse they are there for you as well as John.

And a big welcome back from me too. Your imput is always welcomed and valid. Jenni is so right we do need the uplift of good news it makes our spirits soar.

Big cyber ((((((((((Hugs))))))))

Charles xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

A Big Welcome Back Madge. I've missed you. Sending you love and hugs, and looking forward to chatting.

Mo xxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Madge

I had been wondering where you were! Nothing to feel guilty about, all good news is a cause for celebration. Hope to see you soon in Chat.

Love and hugs to you both

Maxine

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I'm hanging my head in shame but at the same time I feel so lucky to have such lovely friends as all of you are.

Thank you so much.  You don't know how much your friendship means to me.

*hugs* and *kisses* to you all.

Marjorie